Deep Vein Thrombosis
Blood Clot In Leg Treatment Hospital Michigan
Deep Vein Thrombosis
In thrombosis, a blood vessel is blocked by a blood clot (thrombus) so that little or no blood flows through it. Blood clots are mainly formed in the veins of the legs and pelvis. These blood vessels collect blood from the feet, legs and pelvis and transport it back to the heart. Deep vein thrombosis must be treated immediately by a doctor.
Deep Vein Thrombosis Leg Symptoms
- Nagging, gnawing pain
- Redness or blue discoloration of the skin
- Feeling of tension and swelling
(Deep Vein Thrombosis) Blood Clot In Leg Treatment
Highest priority is:
- Prevent the thrombosis from increasing
- Removing the blood clot
- Prevent a pulmonary embolism
- Prevent post-thrombotic syndrome (permanent damage to the vascular valves).
Treatment strategy consists of:
- Simple measures such as correct positioning or mobilization and compression therapy
- Medicines that thin the blood, such a heparin
- Thrombolysis to break down the blood clot (thrombus)
- Sometimes surgery to remove the blood clot
- Compression treatment (compression stockings)
At Advanced Vein and Vascular Management Michigan, dedicated specialists have extensive training and experience in vascular conditions like deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or blood clot in leg treatment.
What makes deep vein thrombosis or blood clot in leg treatment at Advanced Vein and Vascular Michigan unique?
- Specialized dedicated care from multiple specialists – At our center, a comprehensive dedicated program is available to manage venous (vein) disease. Our team is a specialized team that includes board-certified vascular medicine specialists who manage Deep Vein Thrombosis and related conditions with non-invasive therapies. If you feel that you need more dedicated and advanced care, our vascular surgeons and interventional radiologists can treat such blockages with minimal invasive procedures.
- Well recognized vascular testing -Our vascular technologies help diagnose deep vein thrombosis or blood clot in the leg using the latest imaging tools and specialized techniques; our labs meet the highest standards for the ultrasound and other technologies.
- Latest advances in minimally invasive treatment – With research, our specialists have access to the most advanced therapies for DVT and other vein conditions. We are experienced in procedures that combine miniature devices with clot-busting medications to treat deep veins safely. Minimal invasive procedures are our specialty, which causes less pain and offer a speedy recovery.